Saturday, October 30, 2010

Critters. Yes, I said Critters.


Ok, depending on how old you are you may remember this little gem from the mid 80's. I decided that we should re-visit some of these old 80's films that time may have forgotten, but alas I have not. I picked Critters because of a little 9 year old, she saw the box art on netflix and said "awww, aren't they cute!". So the story follows a boy named Brad played by a young Scott Grimes, who now plays the voice of Steve Smith on American Dad (enjoy the useless trivia). Or maybe it follows a handyman named Charlie who, oh, never mind. The real star of this little gem are the critters, those adorable little hairballs that roll all over the place eating everything in site. They break loose and land on earth with a pair of bounty hunters, one named Ug and the other named Lee, fast on thier trail. You know what, that's all I'm going to say about Critters besides go watch it again with the kids. Or for the first time, it's not a hack and slash gore-a-thon but I sure thought it was fun. That adorable little 9 year old that thought the Critters looked all cute really enjoyed this movie and I think you will too. I'm going to have some more oldies on the way as well because they just don't make 'em like they used to, and we may just find some that you'll be happy that you found.

No comments:

Post a Comment