Sunday, June 24, 2012

Snow White and The Huntsman


Snow White and the Huntsman

Ya'll know by now who is in this film. I wasn't sure I wanted to see it. I decided to after the hype. As usual Kristen Stewert (Snow White) gets people to do whatever she says in a film which in turn leads to drama haha. I do feel Director Rupert Sanders was able to bring to life a kids story into a film filled with darkness and full of special effects, CGI mainly. I will give him that.
He even had the dwarfs. I won't ruin the film but it does follow the old story to an extent. It is not the same sequence but gets the job done. I feel the writers, Evan Daugherty and Lee Hancock could have linked the characters more. it appeared to jump too much to really connect. Kristen did better than I thought she would. I think Charlize Theron (Ravenna) stole the show however. Chris Hemsworth (Huntsman) was his usual self, a good looking fighter. I still have not seen a film where he has much dialog other than yelling and fighting.
I would say go ahead and watch it once because it is worth that much. I would wait until it goes to DVD however. The film was too long. It could have actually been a short film and I think it would have done better.  I would give this a 2.5 on a scale of one to five.

1 comment:

  1. Didn’t do wonders for me like I would have hoped for but I still enjoyed myself with this direction and just how damn dark and gritty everything was. However, the story the story could have been a lot better and featured a lot more tension than it initially gives off. Nice review.

    ReplyDelete