Sunday, July 8, 2012

Spiderman-No spoiler

The trend is for remake after remake. I was sceptical to see this film especially in 3D because lets face it, most of the movies in 3D are not worth watching in 3D. I parked the vehicle, got my ticket and walked into the theatre. I saw a huge line and knew it was for Spiderman. I patiently waited, wondering how Andrew Garfield would do as Peter Parker/Spiderman. I have to tell you, I figured he would suck. Emma Stone (Gwen Stacy) is good in everything so I was not concerned about her.  It wasn't long before the rope was let down and we were able to walk in. After about a half an hour the film started.
I was taken aback. The film was a great ride from beginning to end. Well the ending was a bit weird but I think they left it open for number 2 possibly. The film stayed with the other spiderman movie basics but made it more fast paced. The audience was able to be drawn into each scene, feel like we were there and understood the characters without drawing out each scene to the point of almost falling asleep like a lot of films are doing. Andrew Garfield made a much better spiderman than Tobey Maguire by far. The acting was good, scene cuts were good and yes, it was worth the 3D. I got my money's worth and time well spent away from this cruel world. This is one film you need to see at the theatre.

No comments:

Post a Comment