Saturday, November 13, 2010

Jason Rudy-Desperate Visions Productions

One of my adventures when I was at Weekend of Horrors (and there were many), was meeting Jason Rudy of Desperate Visions Productions. He is an independent film maker and was on a panel with other independents during the festival. He had a booth set up so I went over to talk with him. He stated his films were uncensored so much so that they were shocking. I thought I would pick his films up just to see what the hype was. Chump Change, Lady M, and the Last Road To Hell were the movies I bought.
I thought he did the best with what he had. He does not have much of a budget. I did not think his movies were shocking. One of them even had a scene they blacked out stating they couldn't show the footage. It was shocking to see that I guess.
Most of the actors did not act well and some areas in all movies looked pretty fake. I will give him credit for his ideas and the work he does. It is hard to write, produce, direct and act. If you want to help out an independent film maker you can pick his movies up many ways. Keep trying Jason.

No comments:

Post a Comment