Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Hesher-2010

I was talked into watching this film by a friend because the lead character, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, reminded her of someone we went to high school with. She wanted to see if I would come up with the same guy. I did!!!! Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!! I believe we all have gone to high school with someone like Hesher. Director-Spencer Susser
Most of the reviews say Hesher hated the world and everything in it. I do not believe that. I think he was just a misplaced guy who wanted a family, girlfriend and to be accepted. He just had a strange way of showing it however, but a lot of people are like that. I believe he did not know any other way to show his feelings. He learned a lot from the people he was with and I could see a Hesher II made.
I did not like the film myself but the acting was good. The kid, played by Devon Brochu I felt acted well. He was able to make the audience feel his emotions. His character was just as messed up as Hesher. The rest of the crew were mainly background material for these two characters. Natalie Portman and Rainn Wilson were also in the film.
I think the reason I disliked it was because it was honestly your run of the mill everyday life that small town people go through. There was nothing spectacular about the film. Unless you were rich, you knew someone like that or were that person. I found myself saying almost every other scene, wow that was my town or I knew someone with the same issue or that is me. Some people like to know there are similarities to their lives. I don't want to see it. I left that shit behind me and really don't want to go back.Watch it and see what you think. I would be happy to hear others opinions on this film.
I tried to upload a picture but apparently my brain injury has turned me developmentally disabled. :/ I apologize.

No comments:

Post a Comment