Friday, April 20, 2012

The Frankenstein Syndrome

Had to put this up about a movie I just watched last night. I normally wouldn't waste my time writing about a movie like this and I'd just push it to the darkest regions of my life long of abuse and neglected brain to never be thought of again, but I was hoping this would help my mental issues a bit. Why does every sentence have to start at a normal volume and then just trail off to a very low whisper at the end? Could the director not get his actors to emote so he just said to them (especially the lead Tiffany Shepis, it was like fingers on a chalkboard), "just start every sentence in your normal voice and then just trail off, that should get the reaction I'm shooting for!" My god it was a chore to watch, every time she would pronounce the letter 'P' in a word as she was trailing off at the end of a sentence I would think about what to shove down my ear canal to make it stop. Oops, I was going to review this movie wasn't I? It pretty much sucked. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. (hey, think I just found a way to improve this film!) Ed Lauter gets top billing but only has around 6 minutes of screen time, and it's pretty sad when you find yourself thinking "needs more Ed Lauter". And for those of you that don't know who Ed Lauter is he's been acting for over four decades, been in around 200 movies and doesn't like nerds in his hotel. And, now I'm not making this up, it states in the credits that it's based off the novel Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. Sad, just sad people. And the "Frankenstein" if you will has an accent at the start of the film that completely goes away by the midway point of the movie. I'd say that it's obvious that his accent goes away as it's obvious that stabbing yourself in the penis would sting a little, it's that noticeable. So all in all, do yourself a favor and avoid this one. Just my opinion mind you, and last I checked I'm always right when it comes to movies. Right sis?

No comments:

Post a Comment